Pricing Page Redesign Concept
When researching Chegg, I came across the pricing/paywall page for the Tutors section on the desktop site. From both a business and a user standpoint, this is one of the most important front facing pages on the site, before getting into the actual product. This is where the user sees what their options are and it’s the best and last opportunity for the business to get the message across about why the customer should choose this subscription.
On the current version of the site, there is one option clearly displayed. Below is a faint, small link that can be pressed to display further options of plans. This seems like something very hard to see for many users and there isn’t a lot to call it out. I want to also acknowledge that there may be a business or other reason why it requires a user action to see all options at first glance that I am currently unaware of.
Design Decisions Explained
Through research and experience, I’ve found that people want to feel like they have options when making decisions. They also want to feel like they are getting the best deal possible. My aim was to communicate ease, trust, and transparency to the customer as they are making their decision. In this redesign:
• I created a page that contained all the plan options on one page.
• Using size, weight, and spacing, I made the main plan the most prominent, with all of the details.
• On either side, the other plans were given a lighter opacity to place them in the background, while still keeping them visible.
• I added a sub-header with personal, conversational language.
• The free trial is a huge selling point for many people: try before you buy. I made this more prominent by taking it out of the checked list and changing font weight and size.
Recommended Next Steps
1. Move to a higher fidelity with better understand the specifics of Chegg style guidelines and the constraints of the platforms after speaking with team.
2. Build an interactive prototype to display how user actions effect the interface.
3. Explore mobile layout options for displaying a similar experience.